Happy Monday, and welcome to part 1 of 2 of a fun husband/wife team we're spotlighting on the Phoenix Style Collective blog. You may have already heard of this talented duo in the blogosphere - it's hard not to sit and scroll through their amazing collection of work. We are selfishly happy that they are now full time Phoenicians!
Without further ado, let's welcome Sarah! Next week we'll learn a bit more about her husband Josh.
1) Tell us who you are! What's your name/your business's name? What part of town do you live in? What is your contribution to the creative community of Phoenix? We are Arrow & Apple! I'm a wedding and editorial photographer and my husband Josh does the behind-the-scenes work including design, second-shooting, and keeping his nuts-o wife in line. We live in central-ish phx closer to the Glendale side. We're pretty new here so I seriously have no idea what part of town that is! West? West Central? We're newbs, it's fine. We're so pumped to get plugged into the creative community here - I see so much growth and it's exciting!
2) What is your education/background/experience related to your work? I received my Associates of Art in Commercial Photography - I didn't plan on photographing weddings, ever. I apprenticed with a high-end wedding photography duo straight out of school and the rest sort of wrote itself. :) I believe my background in commercial photography gives me such an advantage to the editorial style of photography that is so popular today, and it turns out I'm really passionate about photographing weddings, especially couples that make their wedding day totally unique to THEM.
3) What services do you offer and how can people get a hold of you? I photograph weddings, bridals, bride & groom sessions, engagements, love sessions, and for small families we offer "at home" sessions - personal day-in-the-life type sessions all in black & white. They're so fun! If you have more questions about our packages you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
4) What are your rates? We have a set package but we make it super flexible. Our wedding package includes an engagement session as well as total wedding day coverage and a disc of all of the carefully-edited images! Our wedding package is $3000 with the option of adding-on or taking away to fit your budget uniquely. Our photo sessions range from $300 to $400 depending on the type of session.
5) How can people get connected? Provide your contact info - email, Twitter, blog, website, whatever you like! We LOVE connecting with people and even making new friends, regardless of if you want your photo taken or not! We're new here and we want to hang out. (Editor's note - so true! And they're a blast to hang out with too!)
6) Please feel free to add anything else you think is important for people to know about you and your work! Something that is super close to my heart is that brides find a photographer whose personality and style matches theirs closely. Remember you are going to be hanging out with this person ALL DAY on the most important day of your life! It's in everyone's best interest to make sure that this is a relationship that works, and not just someone who you can hire to take photos. It's so much more than that! If you don't feel comfortable with who's behind the camera, it's certainly going to show in the photographs. :)
Thank you, Sarah! Your passion for your work is infectious. We can't wait to see it take off here in Phoenix!